In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Tom LeBlanc, Executive Director at NSCA shares his journey from working in journalism to landing in the AV industry.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Tom LeBlanc. Recorded live on Friday, July 15th, 2022, at 9:00 am. EST.
About Tom LeBlanc
Tom has supported the integration market since 2003. He was the editorial director of Commercial Integrator from 2010 to 2019 and held various roles at CE Pro before that. Throughout his career, he specialized in developing content to help integration firms improve their businesses. At NSCA, LeBlanc is focused on executing the visions of the NSCA Board of Directors and NSCA community by providing resources and spearheading events to strengthen members' business and networking opportunities.
- The Business Leadership Conference and the upcoming Pivot to Profit conference in the fall.
- Tom’s journey from working in journalism to landing in the AV industry
- NSCA’s strategy to help its members during the COVID pandemic and the current supply chain issue that is being faced by the industry
In this weeks home automation show of Automation Unplugged, Mike Abernathy, Director of Business Resources at NSCA shares the future of system integration and the emergence of the Super Integrator.
This week's home automation podcast features our host Ron Callis interviewing Mike Abernathy. Recorded live on Wednesday, April 27th 2022, at 12:30PM EST
About Mike Abernathy
Mike has been part of the systems integration industry since 2001, when he started his career with NSCA as a Member Relations Manager. During his time in that position, Mike developed a broad understanding of the AV industry and how consultants, integrators, manufacturers, and independent manufacturer representatives interact and work together within the industry. He later joined a commercial audio manufacturer, where he managed international sales for ten years. In 2017 Mike rejoined NSCA and is now the Director of Business Resources. In this role, Mike helps members find and use business resources to more effectively operate systems integration firms.
- The many resources being provided by NSCA to its members
- The future of system integration and the emergence of the Super Integrator
- Creative solutions to the Av industries labor shortage